Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CBJ: Steve Nash is in Town!

Ok, before I get roasted, I know that it's Rick Nash that plays for the CBJs and not Steve Nash. However, for awhile I would stay Steve when I meant Rick in the wrong line of conversation with the fans of the other sport. That preceding sentence is grammatically correct which is nearly paradoxial for this site.

That being said, I feel we owe Steve some gratitude and I found a picture of the guy on skates with a hockey stick.

To the game this evening. Surely the Flames will show up with some intent and the goal of avoiding a 3 game slide. Thing is, after last evening so will the CBJs.

What do the Flames have? Well, Bert is back (I never thought I would be happy about that) and Iggy will be looking to make a difference. I suspect Kipper will be a bit sharper so that will help. Regardless, the BlueJackets are not a team to be taken lightly.

Kent over at FHF has a compelling list of reasons to fear the CBJs Nash, Mason, and the Juice being a few. This will be a goaltending brawl, a defensive brawl, and hopefully a game filled with gorgeous plays. WI got her jersey lettered up so that effect on the mojo remains to be seen.

Flames 2 CBJs 1

1 comment:

Gale Force 12 said...

"However, for awhile I would stay Steve when I meant Rick in the wrong line of conversation with the fans of the other sport. That preceding sentence is grammatically correct which is nearly paradoxial for this site. "

Bad news my friend:

When “awhile” is spelled as a single word, it is an adverb meaning “for a time” (“stay awhile”); but when “while” is the object of a prepositional phrase, like “Lend me your monkey wrench for a while” the “while” must be separated from the “a.” (But if the preposition “for” were lacking in this sentence, “awhile” could be used in this way: “Lend me your monkey wrench awhile.”)